For all multigame runs:
Only game time will be counted with a max game swap time of 60 seconds allowed between games. Anything over this will be counted against the run.
For any run submitted over 6 hours, a 10 minute break will be allowed in place of one of the minute game swaps (and another every 6 hours thereafter).
Runs will be sorted by game time and real time is highly preferred to also be filled in when submit.
This is to allow for an even playing field between console and emulator users, and to not rush people during the game swap which could be a hazard to hardware.
It also gives a break for personal upkeep during longer runs. The idea is to keep things fast paced and still be reasonable physically.
You are allowed to not utilize the entire 60 seconds (or 10 minute if applicable) game swap. This neither hurts nor helps your end time.
- Game time is from the start of each individual game to the endpoint condition of that game.
- All games in multigame runs use RTA start/stop as a timing method regardless of individual game rules (like X5/X6).
- It is highly recommended to list the game time break down of each game in your note/comments on the run but not required.
- Ensure to submit the total of all game times and not your overall real time otherwise you may be losing free time save.
- You did an X1-X3 run in 2 hours
- After X1 you took 40 seconds to swap games and started to play X2.
- X2 time started when you hit "Game Start" on the title screen (after you setup your controller if required).
- X2 time ended on final hit of wireframe Sigma.
- You now have X2 start and stop time - and your game swap between X1 and X2 wasn't over 60 seconds so there's no penalty.
- You then decide to take a bathroom break and started X3 after 80 seconds.
- Since this is over 60 seconds, a 20 second penalty will be added to your final time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please join the Mega Man Leaderboards Discord