[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mega Man RTA Forums • View topic - Mega Man Unlimited: Z-Prototype Routing & Strategy Discussio

Mega Man Unlimited: Z-Prototype Routing & Strategy Discussio

Hey, everyone. There are five times submitted to the , and each one that has a video uses a different route. I think we should get together, talk about why we chose the routes we did, and try to come up with an optimal route.

EDIT: Updated the title to reflect something else that seems to be an issue, which is strategy. A lot of us are doing runs independently of one another, which means that we all seem to be missing out on a few things here and there that could optimize the overarching run strategy. Feel free to share things that you have found (general or specific) that help you optimize your runs.
Last edited by DiscoCokkroach on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
DiscoCokkroach
Picket Man

Disco's Route
Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:20 am

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
DiscoCokkroach
Picket Man

My route

jet>yoyo>rainbow>glue>trinitro>tank>nail>comet

Reasoning:

Jet first for speedster to move faster. Yoyo second to get saber and kill bosses faster. Rainbow third because shoruken is useful in trinitro,tank, and nail. glue fourth because double is usefull in trinintro (I doubt it makes up for doing lower route though). Trinitro fith because his technique is good as the final hit on tank. Tank sixth because sword extended saves time on the nail man fight. Nail seventh since the stage is harder to do fast then coment.
peterafro
Sniper Joe

i didnt notice (pay attention) attack extend gets u more saber/knuckle damage, i gotta look into it. (i've been comboing with shoryu+attack for now)
it would save a considerable amount on rainbow. u def wanna do yoyo before tank so you can kill mines and all, though yoyo doing swing attack sucks.

hasty route idea considering that would be
jet->yoyo->tank->rainbow->trinitro->glue->comet->nail

also saber on jet still goes to a 3rd cycle so i dont think it's good.
Zecks
Met

^ I guess my original route wasn't so bad, then! I'll go back to doing Jet first.
DiscoCokkroach
Picket Man

DiscoCokkroach
Picket Man

Hm, I guess I miss when thread was first posted. I guess I'll go about the theory about my current route assuming no one has already seen my VOD of the run:

1) Jet Man: Speedster upgrade, 'nuff said. Seriously though, might as well get one of the major RNG issues out of the way early. Also, while there are obvious ways to speed this up with other abilites, it would probably be too much out of the way to save time (hence why we're discussing this after all).

2) Yo-Yo Man: Get Z-Saber as soon as possible. While there isn't too much that the Speester saves in this stage other than a ladder or two, the Jetboard is some use towards the end of the stage so you don't have to wait on the jump platform towards the end. Also, with Yo-Yo Man being another early RNG problem, doing him early seemed viable at the time.

3) Rainbow Man: Get Shoryuken for Trinitro to complensate for Kuuenbu. The stage is fast enough without a majority of the learned moves from other bosses. However, this brings more RNG into the mix with the Laser Devil and Rainbow Man, himself. This is why I'm intrigued with how to do Tank Man as soon as possible with his Attack Extend upgrade.

4) Trinitro Man: Get ground pound for Glue Man. While Kuuenbu helps a ton with double jumping and all, with some well used Shoryus and Jetboard use, you can get though the stage in just as fast a pace. Also, you don't have to worry about doing the long route for Glue just to get the double jump for the stage. As for Trinitro, yes the attack extend deals more damage, but you have to consider that if you strike Trinitro's head with the attack extend, you'll only have two hits instead of three to hit it. Normal Z-Saber not only maintains the original 3 hit minimum for his head, but it will also bypass hitting the head getting in more shots immediately when positioned correctly so the boss fight is not only fast, but safer. Granted this can change if, again, the Attack Extend can be incorporated early in the route.

5) Glue Man: Get Kuuenbu and make use of the lower route with the ground pound from Trinitro. This stage doesn't really need much attack extend options since Z-Saber is good for just about everything in the stage. Of course, using the Jetboard for Glue Conveyour Zipping is manatory. As for Glue Man, Zecks, you pretty much did Glue Man the way I think is quickest which is why that strat was used. You should kill him in three passes if done right with a Z-Saber/Ground Pound combination.

6) Tank Man: With the tech/equipment from other stages, this stage should go by with an extremely quick pace which is why I'm concerned about doing him so early. The only benefit of doing Tank Man early would be just to get a faster Rainbow Man stage, imo. Which brings the question of if a early, yet slower Tank Man/faster Rainbow will offset anything with this current route. That's the big question right now.

7) Nail Man: You should have enough tech to do this stage fast without needing the air dash which could mess up movement tech if handled incorrectly (which is one of the reasons why Comet Woman is last). I don't think the air dash helps all that much with any early platform cycles or getting by enemies with its invicibility. You can manage just as well with properly timed double-jumps with the dash speed stored (which also won't reset falling velocity).

8) Comet Woman: As I don't think air dash is too useful for the other 7 robot masters, she's last where you can maximize the speed of the stage by having everything available. That's pretty much it.

So, in looking at other ideas, the biggest viable change to what I did is finding a way to do Tank as early as possible to make use of the Attack Extend. Doing it after Yo-Yo could be fine, but then you would have to worry about the time loss from going through the stage without any extra movement tech to skip bothersome/longer sections of the stage or ignore any enemies that you'd have to kill otherwise. However, if this is implemented, this will save hugely more notably in Rainbow Man's stage and maybe a few boss fights. So we need to find the time differential between the two routes to see if it's faster to do Tank Man early.
Vucious Creed
Sniper Joe

A bit of a double post to confirm some things after testing doing Tank Man a bit early. First off, Tank first is out of the question. This stage without Z-Saber and Speedster is terrible. I decided to do this after watching another run that did Tank first and testing it out. It feels so slow and you have to take a lot of roundabout paths to get through it at a marginally fast pace.

With that being said, Tank 3rd, after Jet and Yo-yo, is extremely viable. It is slower than doing Tank with the Shoryu and Kuuenbu options, but not by that much. With Tank 3rd, you'll probably lose about 3 seconds (give or take) without the extra movement options, if done properly, obviously enough. Of course, you'll gain back those 3 seconds easily with Attack Extend in Rainbow Man's stage alone, not to mention any possible improvements in Trinitro and Glue with the extra attack power. I'm leaning to try and do Tank 3rd and work from there. I'll probably not do it immediately, but I simply want to confirm the theories on Tank early. There's still a ways to go before we'll call this the overall best route.
Vucious Creed
Sniper Joe

Slightly bringing this thread back for a quick bit as I've been re-routing Z-Proto after hitting sub-32. I'm considering bringing back and modifiying an old idea that Zecks did on his casual run of the mode. I'm thinking about doing Comet Woman 4th in the 8 bosses route and trying to utilize the Hisuishou (Air Dash) more in the remaining stages and see how it works out. Since I'm starting to get better control over Zero during the past several runs, I think it's time that I give this a shot. As a result, the order I'm thinking of is as follows: Jet > Yo-Yo > Tank > Comet > Rainbow > Trinitro > Glue > Nail.

The air dash will marginally speed up Rainbow Man's and Glue Man's stages while only slightly speeding up Trinitro and Nail. Of course, there will be time lost in not having a few techniques (Shoryuken and Kuuenbuu) for Comet Woman's stage, but the time lost should be about as minimal as the time loss Tank Man 3rd yields. How much time I'm expecting to save? That I don't know as I didn't go that deep into routing, but I'm expecting the save to be at the very least noticeable. Probably the most odd thing about this route is the fact that Glue Man is very late in the order considering how useful Kuuenbu is, but I think with some proper routing, the overall need for it might be negligible. However, that still has yet to be seen.

Regardless, it's still something to fiddle around with at best just to see the end result.
Vucious Creed
Sniper Joe

Return to Mega Man Fan Games + Rom Hacks